42

May 23, 2005

Update - Tiger Warning

As mentioned in my previous post, my temporary solution was to take my old PC and install the USB ADSL Modem on that, enable Internet Connection Sharing and ethernet connect my PowerBook to that. I then took it one step further and enable ICS on the PowerBook to share the incoming ethernet connection on the built-in Airport (wireless) and this enabled my little Clamshell iBook to get connected.

But, after using this for two days I have decided to revert back to Panther (10.3), update through to 10.3.9, which was completely stable (why, oh why did I upgrade), and continue checking the ADSL manufacturer's download pages.

What brought about this decision I hear you ask. In a nutshell Wintel. And yes, I do try to blame them for at least one thing per day. :)

To be more precise, I am fed up with the extra noise of the four fans in my PC, (when I built it I installed extra fans because it has two raided HD's and an over-clocked processor) and also I think Windows ICS does not pass all ports through correctly. Bit-torrents seem to have less connectivity, and I can't use the iBook to Apple Remote Desktop into the Mac's at work (which I use to be able to do when the iBook was only going through the Powerbook's ICS).

So Panther here I come (back)

1 Comments:

  • there ix to be an (unofficial?) driver available. see my comment to your first tiger warning post.
    http://lgsagem.free.fr/drivers_fast800.htm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11 June, 2005 20:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home