42

June 27, 2005

My Summer Holidays :(

A couple of days ago I posted about not posting regularly and decided to do something about it. From this day forward I will be posting twice a week on the subject of Admin Update™.

This means that any post with the prefix "Admin Update™:" will be about the progress (if any) or the problems I am having in my Summer Holiday project at work. As you may be aware I am an IT Manager in a school, and as such, for the school holiday period, unlike fellow teachers, (Expat Teacher and June Rain, I'm looking at you:) I will be still hard at work.

This will include:-

  • backing up student's and teacher's work

  • re-wiring the rack

  • installing Tiger Server

  • setting up all 250 Users again

  • building a Tiger Client clone image (with all necessary software pre-installed

  • distributing the clone to all 65 Macs

  • cleaning 55 keyboards & mice

  • overseeing the installation of a 2Mbps Leased Line

  • downloading super-fast bittorrented movies ;)


  • So, as you can see, I have a very busy holiday ahead of me.

    Making that stupid twice-a-week pledge at the beginning of the post probably doesn't help the work-load, but what's a blogger to do ;)

    Have Fun™

    1 Comments:

    • Are you trademarking both "Have Fun" and "Admin Update"? I'm pretty sure both of them are common usage. I'm not sure you can trademark them.

      By Blogger Expat Teacher, at 27 June, 2005 14:37  

    Post a Comment

    << Home