42

May 08, 2005

GenesysX - An Explanation

Any who read this blog will have noticed the consistent use of a word not found in any dictionary.

GenesysX


This is my Nickname/Handle/Tag/etc. It came about, around 1995, after wanting a Yahoo! Mail account and finding that christopherandrews@, chrisandrews@, candrews@ were all taken (no surprise there), so I created GenesysX. I have always been artistically and musically creative, hence the genesis part (and I also like the band Genesis). And being into computers and music I worked with MIDI a lot, and eventually started using System eXclusive messages to program the synthesisers (known as SysX).

So the combination was GeneSysX, which looked a bit silly, so I tried genesysx, which didn't seem right. Genesysx was OK, but I am a very symmetrical person (or is that geek), so the final result looked like GenesysX.

And then there was the logo (top right), which has the obvious musical notes and the Red, Green, and Blue circles created their secondary colours where they converge. This was created when I was learning to use Photoshop.

Since creating this logo/identity I have done absolutely nothing with it. I had plans to start a web-page building business (among others) with this name but, ten years on, and it is an e-mail address, a personal web-page, and not much else.

Oh well, there's always the future! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home